CONDITIONS OF SELECTION:
- New selectees of the Florida State Guard will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- New selectees of the Florida State Guard are required to participate in a direct deposit/electronic transfer program.
- As a CANDIDATE, you are required to provide documentation (i.e. High School Diploma or Equivalency, College Transcripts, ETC.) to verify meeting these Minimum Qualifications.
- A Florida resident and possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Selected candidates must pass a level 2 Criminal History Records Check.
- Ability to work in a military environment.
- Ability to work in a austere environment: To include ability to lift 35 lbs. repeatedly, work on feet for 8 hours a day, drive 4 plus hours.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience working or willing to work in a military organization or environment.
- Experience in personnel management and human resources.
- Experience in executive-level communications.
- Experience in support to Civil Authorities.
TRAINING PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
- FEMA ICS 100
- FEMA ICS 200
- FEMA ICS 700
- FEMA ICS 800
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of leadership, management, and administration.
- Knowledge of military culture and organization.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Skill in operating a personal computer using MS applications to include Word, Excel; PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.